Saturday, July 20, 2013

Planning to Plan


Much like the build up to the "Flesh and Blood" show I will document the trials and tribulations of learning and executing a solid business plan for Lost Plasma Productions.

It has been quite a journey just to get to this point and there is much further to go.  It has been very heart warming how helpful people have been with one person in particular who will remain nameless until he tells me it is Okay to mention him.

What I am starting with is a passion.

A passion for good story telling, visuals and of craft.  The flip side is something that has always been a great asset in my artistic career and that is the business side of the creative arts.

In studio I would create without the slightest thoughts of sales or how anyone would see it.  I painted from a need.  Once the painting or an entire series was completed, then I would step back adorn the hat of a business person and ask myself, "Okay, now how do I market and sell this this?"

To which I have been very successful.

The mission is to make thoughtful films that are character driven and that dwell in the darker realms of the human condition.

We will be looking for fearless individuals with a similar passion and vision.  It will be my job to ensure that the artisans joining this little misadventure are given the tools, money and opportunity to bring story from script to film to distribution.  The later part being of special interest for me.  As a writer/director associate of mine once said, "A book does not exist until it is read." and I want to make sure that the films that LP Productions make get seen!

The business end is something I am excited about.  Quite frankly I am sick and tired of the shit that is vomited out of Hollywood.  I have always said that Hollywood reminds me of my pet dog when I was growing up.  After our dinner he would jump up on the table and eat the scraps.  Then go outside and take a shit, then eat that too. There has to be a better way.  Much like any startup, where there is a need not being met then go out and make it.

I will work diligently, pay everyone (no one should work for free, ever), make sure there is fun on set and produce work that we are all proud of.  The catch is that I will gather the darker minded directors, DPs, writers, actors and production staff within this medium exclusively.   If you associate with my work then lets talk. LP Products will definitely have a look.

Looking forward to this journey!  Join us.  Email me at jua@johnua.com

No comments:

Post a Comment