Friday, August 2, 2013

Collaboration

I have been a fine artist all my life. 

It has been incredibly rewarding on numerous fronts.  The ability to express things that I would never be able to do in any other fashion, knowing the work enriches the lives of others and of course the monetary rewards were not bad either.

The process is done in solitary, deep into night so that the sounds from the outside world were at a minimum, whole days in isolation with nothing but music, paint, canvas and my thoughts. It is a very lonely pursuit.

Film allows for collaboration. To create something born of many minds and after 25 years in paint that is a very attractive plus.  Especially when you find people of a similar mind set.

I will be knee deep in the administrative end of the business, finding funding and overcoming road blocks so that our artists can create and do what they do best.

However, it also will give me the opportunity to open discussions with other artists who's work and aesthetic I respect and admire.   

Throw a bunch of passionate artists together with as twisted minds as mine and who knows what will happen.

I am looking forward to the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment